Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Water test...... hope this works!!!!

Ok the moment of truth has arrived. Time to see if the boat still floats. I went down to the lake and launched the boat. To start off I had the brass ball valve closed. I wanted to make sure the water intake scupper was water tight. I watched it for about 5 minutes and no leaks.

Next I opened up the ball valve to which allowed water into the system to as far as the pumps. The pumps are a closed type system and will not allow water past the impeller. I watch for about 5 minutes and no drips or leaks.

At this point I was getting impatient so I hit the fill switches for both pumps and we headed out into the lake anxious to get some surfing action. After about a 5 minute ride I stopped and opened the V-drive locker under the rear seat. HOLY CRAP!!!! THE BILGE WAS FULL OF WATER! My bilge pump had kicked out but I didn't notice. I immediately shut off the ballast pumps and regathered myself. The bilge pump cleared out all the water and no more seemed to be coming in. So I turned on just the port side pump this time and we watched and listened. Pretty soon the bilge started filling up again but the water was coming from the front of the boat. What the Heck???? Then is dawned on me. I had forgot to shut the ball valves on the aux fill hoses. So I opened up the starboard locker (ski locker under walk thru) and sure enough... soaking wet. And I opened up the observer compartment...... sure enough soaking wet! Ok major oversite. I won't do that again!

So after shutting off the aux hose ball valves I hit fill on both pumps. Everything worked like a charm. The bag filled the compartments completely! They emptied perfectly as well. Success!

1 comment: