Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fake a Lake test

So I figured the first thing I needed to do once the system was completely put together was to see if the system itself worked. Would the pumps actually pump the water in and out. Also a great time to check for leaks in hoses, clamps, etc.

So I hooked the fake-a-lake up to the water intake for the ballast system, not the water intake for the motor. I turned on the hose and then jumped in the boat. I wanted to try out each pump individually so I started with the starboard pump and switched the switch on to fill. The moment of truth..... The pump fired up and water started flowing through the hoses and into the custom sac. I could also get water flow through the starboard aux fill line. And no leaks! I then tested the port side the same way. Success!

I took off the fake-a-lake and then reversed the process and hit empty on the port side and sure enough the pump reversed and shot water back out the floor intake. Same thing for the starboard side.

I did not fill up the ballast sac very much just cause I didn't want all the additonal weight in the boat. Its not good for the boat or the trailer.

Now it was time to go launch the boat and check for leaks in the new "holes in the boat".

No comments:

Post a Comment